Getting a Library Card
The Hubbardston Public Library issues CW MARS Library Network Cards. Adults and children are invited to apply for their library card. Patrons under the age of eighteen must have their parent or guardian sign the application if obtaining a card for the first time. All applicants must be present to apply for their library card.
Each patron will be issued only one patron account if the CW MARS database. The exceptions are students or faculty of academic institutions, who may have a card from their academic institution as well as from their public library.
Please click here for the library card application form.
In order to create a new library card, the individual must provide the following:
- A current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s license or a Massachusetts State Identification card with the applicant’s current address,
- One document from Section 1 AND one document from Section 2 below.
Section 1. Proof of identification – current or expired (i.e. driver’s license, passport, school ID)
- Alien Resident Card
- Government issued cards, such as Military ID
- State issued photo ID including welfare, Medicaid or FID card
- University or school ID
Section 2. Proof of current local address* (must include applicants name)
- Utility bill or tax bill (dated within the last 60 days), an e-Bill can also be accepted
- Imprinted bank check or deposit slip
- Official school schedule with applicant’s name and address typed on it
- Official letter verifying residency and mailing address dated within the last 30 days from a social service provider, temporary employer that provides housing, or a short-term residence
- Postcard mailed to applicant from the library.
Reporting a lost card
You can report a lost card by phone or in person. Until a card is reported lost, the cardholder is responsible for all materials checked out on the card.